Welcome to Pandora
The official forums for Pokemon Tower Defense / PTD and all things Sam!

New to the forums? Well make sure you Introduce yourself here! Discuss the latest PTD 3 here!
Join our Discord to Chat! (Also for Mobile Phones!)
Welcome to Pandora Gaming Network. The most active Pokemon Tower Defense, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Gaming fan forum on Zetaboards. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Trainer Pass and Shiny/Shadow Odds
Topic Started: Nov 10 2014, 09:55 PM (2,364 Views)
Posted ImageThatGuyHim
Member Avatar
Jade-Star Badge
Since getting the Trainer Pass, I have wanted to know just what have the shiny and shadow odds improved to. In the past Sam said the normal odds in PTD1 were about 1/8000 though he kept the actual number secret to make hacking more difficult. As far as I know, that number hasn't changed since and is the same odds used in PTD2. That does seem a little unreasonable given PTD2 rounds are only 30 pokemon long but that's an old argument not being made here.

Calculating the odds are really simple. Every round gives you 1 Pokedollar. So all I do is play a few rounds every now and then and just work out how much money I've earned. Most of the time didn't even bother to place pokemon on the level. So here are my stats so far:

Rounds: 313
Total Pokemon: 9390
Total Shiny and Shadow Pokemon: 20
Odds of a Pokemon being Shiny/Shadow: 0.213%

So it looks like the odds have changed from being 1/8000 to about 1/400 or 1/500. That is a massive change, especially for the low low price of only $2 (plus postage and handling, please consult the terms and conditions to discover if this product is right for you). That is a lot better when each level is only 30 pokemon long.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Posted Image Marc
Member Avatar
Wow... 1/500 is quite good odds. I've played PTD2 a lot, and I can't say I've gotten more than 15 shinies and shadows altogether from the wild. Notably, I have caught a Shadow Raikou but most of the times its just Zubats.

The biggest issue is the most of us don't have credit cards and can't pay for it. If he asked for 100, or even 200 snd coins, I would collect and happily oblige, but 2$ is quite un-redeemable to a lot of people. That's why he should allow us to use Funding Microcents and instead of funding for 2$, ask us to fund for 5 or 10. I got the cosmoids through funding microcents, and it's a way that more people can engage while he can receive more revenue.
I also asked sam about the exact odds, but he didn't tell me D:
Edited by Marc, Nov 11 2014, 10:56 AM.
Posted Image HowardGT

It's true most of us don't have a credit card but my friend has a Paypal account so I can ask him to buy for me and ill pay him. It's pretty reasonable I will probably get by tomorrow.
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon Tower Defense 2 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Donations
Theme by Cody of Outline