Welcome to Pandora
The official forums for Pokemon Tower Defense / PTD and all things Sam!

GET YOUR LARVITAR CODE: HERE!

New to the forums? Well make sure you Introduce yourself here! Discuss the latest PTD 3 here!
Join our Discord to Chat! (Also for Mobile Phones!)
Welcome to Pandora Gaming Network. The most active Pokemon Tower Defense, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Gaming fan forum on Zetaboards. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I got back into collecting
Topic Started: Nov 29 2017, 11:36 PM (286 Views)
Posted ImageSuper neoN
Member Avatar
Prepare to be amazaed
When I was younger I used to buy sooo many pokemon cards. BUT I was a really really dumb kid and almost all the cards I was buying were fake. I do remember though that my mum once got me a real pack of cards from toys r us and got one of these.
Spoiler: click to toggle

I didn't really care cause I got rare stuff like this from my fake packs all the time so I didn't take very good care of it and I think I've actually gone and lost it cause I can't find it anywhere.

I always knew that some cards sold for money but I always thought it was just the extremely rare cards that are limited edition extra holo reverse shiny backwards error exclusives.

I never really delved too deep into the whole pokemon tcg world, I only ever collected them cause it was the thing when I was in primary school so I never actually found out until about a month ago that cards like GX's and stuff actually do go for some money and I thought you know what maybe I'll get back into collecting

At this point I didn't know how much of my collection was fake so I went back through my old drawer and found out that about 95% of them were fake which is pretty whack yo.
The other 5% was a stack of base set cards that I got from a family friend, most of which are just commons and uncommons and a few energies, nothing too rare in that stack at all.

But I decided to get back into collecting anyway even though I'm sorta annoyed that all my cards were fake cause now I feel like I'm only just now starting to get into collecting even though I could have had a head start with all the old packs I used to buy that have since been removed from the market <_<

Now with that unnecessary backstory out of the way I've decided that the first set I'm gonna tackle is the newer Shining Legends English set.
I only started collecting it a couple of weeks ago but I'm actually getting quite good luck with the packs I've opened. I've gotten some pretty alright stuff and not too many doubles
It's kinda annoying that you can't buy loose boosters for this set though and the fact that the cheapest way to get the packs without shopping on ebay and such is to buy the $30 boxes that only give you 3 packs
This would be less annoying if there were more than two different kinds of these boxes cause I already have both the promo cards you can get from them.

I'll pull some photos off the internet of some of the rarer stuff I've gotten out of some of these packs cause I've gotten quite lucky

Spoiler: click to toggle

I hope to try and complete as much of the set as I can by hand before I go to the internet to complete it by buying the cards I'm missing. I also hope to pull a secret rare from this set cause they look wicked sick.

At the moment not including secret rares I'm missing 16 cards from this set.
ALSO the reason why I used to buy fake cards not real ones is cause there's this shopping center within walking distance of my house that I used to go to and there's a dollar shop that I think is still there and all their cards are fake so I used to walk there to get cards after school and it was the only place at that shopping center that did pokemon cards

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted ImageNechro
Member Avatar
PTD3 Trainer ID: 8225021
Ahh yes. The Shining Legends is my favorite set. I used to collect Sun & Moon base set a year ago, but budget now, I can't afford getting cards :(. I'd definitley get into the Shining Legends though. I LOVE me some shiny moltres.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon Trading Card Game · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Donations
Theme by Cody of Outline